In a couple of weeks we’ll be celebrating Mother’s Day, which may be the biggest breakfast-in-bed holiday of all time. No one deserves the recognition more than moms and we’re not only thankful, but in total freakin’ awe of every mum, mommy, mama, and mother out there! We applaud every marvelous women fortunate enough to spend the day “any way she wants,” encircled by her loving children—or at the very least surrounded by sweet bouquets and cards they sent.
But our larger mission is in supporting the woman who, for a host of reasons, won’t have giggling children fluffing her pillow and presenting her with a flower-adorned tray of fruit and pancakes. We want those women to remember, you’re not alone. You’ll be among countless women cradling more leaden emotions that are equally sacred.
We’re with you too. We understand. Your journey to motherhood might be winding and complicated. XIZOZU exist to hold space for you, wherever you are on your personal path. And to provide a peaceful point of strength during your fragile times.
These XIZOZU were created to embrace all the shapes of motherhood:
This week’s eight things that are worth sharing with friends
Issue #5: The art & heart of caregiving
Are you wedged somewhere between the needs of children, spouses, and aging parents or ailing friends? February 16th is National Caregivers Day! We’re tipping our hats to those who by circumstance or profession wear the superhero cape of caregiving. It’s important, demanding and often thankless work. But we thank you. You are appreciated. Here’s some help:
- FIND YOUR TRIBE. Caregivers is a group designed to help care for the caregivers with ideas and support to lighten your load. If you didn’t laugh, you’d cry. And may still with this quick read of 25 touching caregiver experiences that will make you smile.
- LEAVE IT TO THE PROS. Even though they seem like superheroes of comfort—and trained for the inevitable—professional caregivers also have emotions that must be processed. Professional Caregivers Grieve Too.
- GIVE ‘EM A BREAK. Got a heavy-hitter caregiver in your life? Give them a break. Literally. This week might be the perfect time. You might also treat them to a medal 🙂
- LET THE MUSIC PLAY. Sounds that Heal. Providing music to those recovering. Everybody wins.
- EVERYTHING’S RELATIVE. Touching story of how one customer honored the passing of their spouse—When one person is five people.
- FIND YOUR CHILL. It’s OK to relax. In fact it’s required.
- FOOD GLORIOUS FOOD. I don’t care what you say nothing is more comforting than food! Here’s a rundown of the most popular go-to comfort dishes. Comfort Food Countdown – where does your favorite fall? (Personally, I’d switch #1 & #3 and everyone knows it.)
- CREATIVE CARING. Crafty ideas for children or adults that help you pass the time and have fun!
YOUR EMAIL EXCLUSIVE:
YOU MIGHT BE A CAREGIVER…
Or know one.
Honor the selfless dedication, countless hours, complex emotions, and comforting nature of the caregivers in your life with this XIZOZU medal designed expressly for that very special role.
Get yours >>
The XIZOZU 8 is a regular collection of eight helpful or entertaining ideas that we think our friends and fans will enjoy. Subscribe and get it delivered straight to your inbox.
Just before Christmas I received an order for five XIZOZU: Loss of Wife, Loss of Sister, Loss of Daughter, Loss of Mother, Caregiver.
I got teary. Instantly.
It was impossible to miss the far-reaching impact that the passing of this one woman had in her world.
I was glad to create medals that would be reminders of each of those sacred connections and also containers for the love that could no longer be physically expressed. I poured all my comforting energy into each of those medals.
It’s easy to forget how deeply each of us touches so many others on a given day, in a given lifetime. As I packaged the order up for delivery I whispered a promise to myself to be better about valuing each of spaces I occupy in other people’s lives.
Have you thought about how many roles you fill in your everyday life? The list grows quickly once you start making it. Believe me.
Thanks for reading,
View Current Medals